Pro-Swim Shock it Granules Is recommended for Super-Chlorination. It contains 65% of available chlorine to raise chlorine levels more quickly than ordinary sanitizers. Ideal for Shock Dosing the swimming pool water on a weekly basis after heavy bathing or as a preventative measure to ensure bacteria and organic contaminants are eliminated.
Rapid Dissolving Un-Stabilised Chlorine Shock Granule is ideal for raising Free Chlorine readings without having an impact on stabiliser reads (cyanuric acid).
- Test the water for Free Chlorine using a CHLORINE TEST KIT.
- It is recommended swimming pool water is shock dosed after Heavy Bathing and/or during warm weather to ensure water clarity is maintained and sanitizer efficiency.
- Ensure bathing has ceased before adding chemicals to the water.
- Add OPC Chlorine Shock Granules directly to circulating water with water temperature above 200C (for temperatures below 200C add product to 10 litres of clean water in a clean plastic container and add to directly to the circulating pool water.)
- To increase Free Chlorine reading by 1 PPM (parts per million) add 75g per 50 M3 (11,000 gallons) of swimming pool water.
- A shock dose of Chlorine Shock should achieve a reading between 5 – 8 PPM
- During the shock dose process always ensure water is circulating via the filter and all pool covers are removed.
- After 24 hours re-check Free Chlorine Readings and pH levels.
- Swimming should not resume until Free Chlorine levels are below 5 PPM (but above 2 PPM) and pH levels are 7.3 – 7.5.