Klearpool Leak Sealer 1 Litre
Klearpool Leak Sealer is specifically formulated to seal minor leaks whereby the water loss is no more than 2 cms per day on 50,000 litres (11,000 gallons) swimming pool. It is always recommended, water leaks from swimming pools are fully investigated prior to application, This product SHOULD NOT be used to repair swimming pool liners.
1 litre will treat 60,000 litres (13,200 gallons)
- Turn circulation pumps off and remove (where applicable) any automatic pool cleaner, where possible mark water level (ensure mark is not made with a permanent material to protect swimming pool finish).
- ENSURE filtration is set to BY-PASS or RECIRCULATE (ensure water NO LONGER flows through the filter), DO NOT proceed with application until this initial process has been followed. If this is not possible, please consult with a swimming pool engineer prior to application. Small inlet or jets may block when this product is used, if these cannot be isolated this product SHOULD NOT BE USED.
- Klearpool Leak Sealer should be added to the swimming pool at the rate of 1 Litre per 60,000 (13,200 gallons) of pool water, there are 2 application methods for Leak Sealer, this will depend on the location and nature of the leak.
- LEAK TO POOL FINISH. Add Leak Sealer directly to the pool water and where possible if the area of the leak has been identified add Leak Sealer directly to the location. If the leak cannot be located distribute Klearpool Leak Sealer evenly around the pool.
- LEAK TO CIRCULATION PIPEWORK. Add correct amount of Klearpool Leak Sealer directly to the skimmer. To aid circulation of the product set up a pool vacuum hose with the vac head attached as set for normal pool cleaning duties and place the vacuum assembly at the deepest point of the swimming pool. IT IS VITAL TO ENSURE THE VACUUM HOSE IS FREE FROM AIR BEFORE THE APPLICATION OF KLEARPOOL LEAK SEALER.
- If uncertain of the location of the leak adhere to method 5
- Wait for 30 minutes BEFORE starting the circulation pump and then ensure pump is left running for a minimum of 8 hours
- After 24 hours re-check the water level to ascertain if leak has stopped, a second application of Klearpool Leak Sealer may be required for larger swimming pools
- Do not use the swimming pool for at least 24 hours after application.
Storage & Handling
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Contact with combustible materials may cause fire.
- Do not mix with other chemicals.
- Always wear suitable gloves and eye protection when handling.
Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use